Postman’s pros and cons
Postman is a tool to test the API of Postdot Technologies, which was developed in 2012. Currently, Postman has 3 versions: Postman, Postman Pro (2016) and Postman Enterprise (2017). I’m new to Postman free version so I just note these things for using Postman to test API
– Easy to use, supports both UI and non-UI running.
– Supports both RESTful services and SOAP services.
– There is a function to create API document.
– New paid versions support advanced features: Teamwork, direct support…
Download for using Postman to test API
Download at: Postman Link
The main components of Postman
Settings: contains information about general settings.
- Account information: used for Login, logout and sync data.
- Custom settings: themes, shortcuts, format…
- Import data from outside
Collection: store information of APIs by folder or by time.
API content: display detailed API content and support sections to help perform API testing. This is the part where testers have to work the most.
Thank you for reading.
To see more articles about API testing , please go this link